Replaced Serpentine belt and now air conditioning doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DianaB

Reaction score
I have a 2001 EddieBauer Expedition the serpentine belt broke and my Husband replaced it but now my air conditioner doesn't work. It's blowing hot air Could he have done it wrong? Also I hear a noise in the very rear like something is cycling off and on repeatedly. So, we thought t was a refrig. leak and added some and it was cool for like 45 seconds. What could be going on with it I've been reading stuff about the tensioner and ac pulley and stuff on here and I was telling him that he needed to adjust it probably when he changed the belt and he said no it did it automatically. Did it? I'm clueless but not stupid haha, so if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated because July in Texas is no fun without AC

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to check system pressures with a manifold gauge set. There's a sticky here on how to do that. And no its not the serpentine belt change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker