Replacement fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capn Don

Reaction score
HI all, I own a 98 Expedition XLT 4X4 5.4 with a little over 70,000 original miles. Recently I've had a situation of fuel vapor leaking from the valve on top of the tank. According to Ford this valve is no longer available as is the complete tank assembly. My mechanic used epoxy to adhere the broken valve to the tank, but I'm figuring new components will be needed eventually. Is anybody aware of aftermarket fuel tanks for this vehicle. My mechanic and I are both reluctant to use junkyard parts expecting they will be as brittle from the Arizona heat as the original parts.

tvlunn

Reaction score
I searched AND searched for a replacement tank for my 98 Expedition and never found a new replacement tank ........ OEM or aftermarket! Like you, I did not want to use a tank from the junkyard. Anyway, refer to the following link and post number 17.

I did this work back in February 2020 and have not yet encountered another issue.

https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...0442-small-evap-leak.43835/page-2#post-397670