Replacment parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I accidently hit the passenger side review mirror on a tree and need to replace the housing and the mirror. I was wondering if there was any place to get parts that are cheaper then from a dealership. Also, do you think that this is a DIY job? I know I could reattach the mirror, but I don't know about the whole housing.

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ebay auction # 7909927241 $79.00
i would do it myself , not sure but there is alot of members that know where to find the spec drawings they show them often.

hope you didnt have to sleep on the couch to long!

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've replaced the mirror before on an '03 Expy.

To replace the housing is fairly involved, but not difficult.

It involves removing the entire interior door trim panel. That is the only way to access the screws that hold the mirror in place. I may have some detailed instructions somewhere, I'll let you know if I find them.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for finding the mirror on ebay... mine doesn't have the turn signal light on it though. I'll keep looking on there though. Instructions would be nice.. I wanted to take my door panel off to sound deaden it anyway.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Muth Mirror Systems are the folks that make the mirrors with the signals in them, and I think they are (were) the suppliers to Ford.

In any case, go to the following website:

('97-'02 Expeditions)
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/200-0002.htm

('03-'04 Expeditions)
http://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0155.htm

click on the links to download the installation manual which is VERY detailed on how to take off the housing and replace the mirror as well.

The download is about 2.5 megs, so I cannot post it on this forum for you...it is too large.

Hope this helps :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev