row of red LEDs on dash in front of driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I start my 2019 Limited, a row of red LEDs on the top of the dash light up and are reflected off the windshield, and stay on for several seconds. Anyone have any idea what this is about ?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's the collision avoidance system that they lied to customers about and called it a heads up display. The Lincoln has an actual heads up display and I've wondered for years if we could actually swap the two but usually a true HUD requires a special reflective coating on the inside of the windshield as well. Just approach a turning vehicle faster than you might normally and it will likely go off, warning you of a possble rear end collision.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines doesn't have the hud, so it flashes a message in the instrument cluster but makes the same sound.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its an annoying light that flashes rapidly to scare the $hit out of you and help you panic and crash your vehicle. Its more junk to distract you and Make you panic in a close situation. It helps nothing more than confuse you.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
huh, i haven't seen those lights come on yet while I'm driving, even when the side avoidance beeps and flashes on the instrument cluster.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its an annoying light that flashes rapidly to scare the $hit out of you and help you panic and crash your vehicle. Its more junk to distract you and Make you panic in a close situation. It helps nothing more than confuse you.
Couldn't agree more! the sound wakes the kids up and the lights panic the wife, just cuz the car in front of you decides to take a granny turn!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! the sound wakes the kids up and the lights panic the wife, just cuz the car in front of you decides to take a granny turn!
Exactly. It's the dumbest thing ever created. By the time it goes off you are either committed or sleeping......

bryz_expy

Reaction score
If it is on and you haven’t triggered it while driving that means you have good following distance. Avoiding a slower moving object/collision will keep it quiet. As others have said it’s one of those features that’s nice to say you have but even at its lowest sensitivity will scare the shit out of the wife and passengers. I think it can be disabled in the settings. It still will light up to test the lights when starting up though.