Run flat tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You ever driven a vehicle with Run-Flats? They are stiffer than non Run-Flats. They have to be.

I have driven performance cars with them, and Emergency vehicles. Performance cars you expect to ride rough.

That being said, I did not know the WildPeak HT's in that size were RunFlats. I love those tires, and they will be the next tire on our 2020.

Last edited:

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I know, Run Flat tires are only for sedans and light vehicles and not really for giant trucks like the expedition. So I was surprised to see a Run Flat tire for the expedition.

Anyone uses Run Flat tires for their expedition (or any such similarly big vehicles) ? Any feedback ?

I hate run flats. I've had them on several vehicles, not on this expedition. They have specific good uses, but if you can use a spare I'd always recommend a spare.
Be sure to check the use restrictions, a lot of people are surprised to learn some traction control systems need to be calibrated for them, they may not be ELSD compatible, and towing is usually not advisable. Most time this is only applicable if they lose pressure, so many people won't come across these issues until after a flat.

OP
OP
W

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You ever driven a vehicle with Run-Flats? They are stiffer than non Run-Flats. They have to be.

I have driven performance cars with them, and Emergency vehicles. Performance cars you expect to ride rough.

That being said, I did not know the WildPeak HT's in that size were RunFlats. I love those tires, and they will be the next tire on our 2020.

Yes, one of my other vehicles has run flats. BMW sports sedan. Yes it is stiffer. But to be honest, the entire vehicle is built for a stiff ride; not just the tire.

But the reason I like the run flats in that vehicle is that it is my office commuter car. So I like knowing the fact that I even if I get a flat tire, I still will be able to make it to office on time.