Seat Covers/Protectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scuda164

Reaction score
New here, I just picked up a 2017 XLT EL. I was looking for seat covers as I often have to drive home from work dirty. Also dogs.

The problem I'm seeing is the front seats have airbags in them. I'm not seeing any options where they cut out the areas around the airbag. In fact most of the options seem to be generic.

A center console cover might be a good idea too.

Any ideas?

Sorry If I missed a previous thread on this, I did search.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. We've been to Paris, TX to see your Eiffel tower - complete with cowboy hat. Really impressive night lighting.

The seat airbags are powerful enough to blast thru any slip on covers that you put on them. You won't be delaying their deployment or reducing their effectiveness.

My Snap-On tool man had seat covers on his truck a few years back and I bought one. Easy to quickly slip on and off. Toss them in the washer when dirty. I just looked and they still sell them, look about the same as what I have, and for $35 you really can't go wrong.

https://store.snapon.com/Seat-Covers-C760436.aspx

Description says they are air bag compatible.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
The linked Snap-On covers look good.

Dog protectors for the rear seat are a pet store item. We have 3 of them. Keeps dirt off the seats and the hunds from sliding off the front of the seats. Straps fit over the front and rear headrests and keep everything in place.

-- Chuck

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New here, I just picked up a 2017 XLT EL. I was looking for seat covers as I often have to drive home from work dirty. Also dogs.

The problem I'm seeing is the front seats have airbags in them. I'm not seeing any options where they cut out the areas around the airbag. In fact most of the options seem to be generic.

A center console cover might be a good idea too.

Any ideas?

Sorry If I missed a previous thread on this, I did search.
Seat covers designed for airbags are out there. I won't vouch for style or quality, but here's a link from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Cover-Airbags-Ready-Compatible/dp/B003RYOWH8

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360