Service Mode/ disable ignition on shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VBreithaupt

Reaction score
Hello Forum
Does anyone know if there is a Service Mode you can place the 2020 Limited Expedition in? Reason I ask is I run the hotspot from the vehicle up north at my lodge for my laptop. I usually push ignition on, make sure everything else is shut off and all is well until around 30-50 minutes when the car shuts off. I had a Suburban I would hold the start button in for 10 sec. and it would go into service mode and would not shut off. Does Ford have something like that for the Expedition? Any insight would be appreciated. thanks

PNWExpy

Reaction score
Hello Forum
Does anyone know if there is a Service Mode you can place the 2020 Limited Expedition in? Reason I ask is I run the hotspot from the vehicle up north at my lodge for my laptop. I usually push ignition on, make sure everything else is shut off and all is well until around 30-50 minutes when the car shuts off. I had a Suburban I would hold the start button in for 10 sec. and it would go into service mode and would not shut off. Does Ford have something like that for the Expedition? Any insight would be appreciated. thanks
If you go settings and then advanced settings you can disable the auto off feature.

Attachments

• 6D380FFB-F6B7-4A5C-9E47-BAC32E1CCB71.jpeg
    6D380FFB-F6B7-4A5C-9E47-BAC32E1CCB71.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
VBreithaupt

VBreithaupt

Reaction score
thanks PNWExpy
Is that just for if the car is running? I need something that will keep it from shutting down when the engine is off and the acc is just on.

PNWExpy

Reaction score
@VBreithaupt Ahh I gotcha. I didn’t realize that’s what you meant. The truck is still relatively new to me so I couldn’t give you an answer on that, sorry!

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe this is something you can configure in forscan. Members have been able to extend the time for their accessories to stay powered up once the ignition has been turned off. I briefly recall seeing the option when I was making other modifications in forscan.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
I’m not sure if the hotspot is powered by the PowerPoint(12v) timeout settings. I extended my PowerPoint settings for my older rear dash cam because it doesn’t have its own battery. I extended it to 2 hours after ignition off via Forscan. If the hotspot is tied to that, then you may be able to accomplish what you are asking.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is an engineering test mode. I’m not sure if it does what you want, but it may be worth a try. I used it to correct my fuel mileage readout. You can google how to get it into the mode.

OP
OP
VBreithaupt

VBreithaupt

Reaction score
thanks for ideas guys. I will report back. I assume you need to plug car into computer to extend time? or is that in menu of settings somewhere?

OP
OP
VBreithaupt

VBreithaupt

Reaction score
I googled the engineering test mode and couldn't get any of the sequences to work on my 2020? I called the dealer to ask how to place it in it and they played dumb and said they were unaware of this mode. I told them what I was trying to do and they didn't have any ideas.
Has anyone else figured out how to put the 2020 in engineering mode? I going to look into finding someone to hook up forscan to see if extending the time as suggested would help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01