Significant Repair - Only 28,000 miles - Rear Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys, good to hear from both of you guys!

..........they teach critical thinking in schools now, but the level they teach is what we considered normal for a 3 year old 50 yrs ago.

Use your heads guys.............stop taking everything at face value. The line between believing everything Ford has to say AFTER they have sold you a truck is grayer than the line with a Real Estate agent AFTER your offer has been accepted! Censorship doesn't just limit what you say, it limits what you learn.

Great BBQ

Reaction score
Jeff, The outdrive fluid change sounds great, there is a boat place not to far from me and I think I have seen this fluid at Walmart, do you have a product number or is there only one grade?

Last edited:

parkway

Reaction score
is a 2010 expedition the same? I have a growl at 25 to 45 mph

Tristar

Reaction score
I've got a 2016 Expedition Limited that we bought new, its done it since we got it but has slowly gotten worse over the years. I should have complained while it was under warranty. Its got 106,000 miles on it now, local shop that helped me diagnose it said to keep running it (had recently been serviced), and plan to eventually replace with a rebuilt unit.

abnmike

Reaction score
My ‘17 has 155k miles. Started groaning during slow turns 200 miles ago. Had it in for the blower recall and mentioned it. They called and told me $2500 as the diff was shot and needed rebuilding.

Two bottles of 75/85 and friction modifier and groaning sound is gone.