speedometer adjustment for tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Expy EL Limited and I just placed on a lift kit and changed wheels/tires to LT295/70/18. What is the best way to adjust the accuracy of the speedometer?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know for motorcycles and scooters, there are programs that will run the calcs, just fill in the blanks .................google will be your friend here. I trust that there will be no shortage of tire retailer-sites to help<LOL>

As I remember, the gearing programs needed tire size.....by running it leaving the gearing constant, that would give you the delta you are looking for.
Good luck,

jeff

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up buying a used programmer off Craigslist and used that to adjust the speedo. I had to get online and pay to get have the programmer reset so that I could tie it to my Expedition.

OP
OP
Jozef Zoldos

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
I believe you can adjust the tire size in Forscan if you know the circumference of the tire.

Thanks all for your help.

I just downloaded FORScan and purchased an OBDLINK EX adapter. I scoured the internet and there does seem to be some references out there to adjust the speedometer. Here is a link in case anyone is interested:

I am new to FORScan and I would like to learn more. Does anyone out there know about a good link to FORScan spreadsheets for a 2011 Expedition and/or a link to help me figure out versatility of this product? e.g., Is it possible to measure my transmission temperature with FORScan?

OP
OP
Jozef Zoldos

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
I looked. It does not work for 2011. Thanks for your attempt

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't do it. With larger vs stock you get free miles (more distance coverage vs what the odo actually says). Just learn the mph table for the new tire sizes.