Squeal when push hard on brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04expowner

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a new exp owner, 04 EB 2WD. It has 112,000 miles and needs a new set of plugs, but my most pressing concern right now is that when I press hard on the brakes, either with exp moving or just parked, there is a squeal. The squeal continues while I hold thermal down and stops when I release it. I can get the pitch to change by adjusting the pressure on the petal. The brake petal is a little soft as well. I'm wondering about the brake booster or maybe the motor for the adjustable petals. Any thoughts on diagnosing this problem?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When mine squealed I needed new pads…so I swapped for new rotors/pads…and the softness is the booster/master cylinder…went together on my 04

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
My first thought was to ask you if the wife was in the car but then you said it did when you were stopped as well....

I would guess there is a problem with your power brake booster. Maybe a leak in the diaphragm?!