SSM 50935 - 2022 Navigator - Rear Interior Power Liftgate Switch Inoperative - July 12, 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SSM 50935 - 2022 Navigator - Rear Interior Power Liftgate Switch Inoperative

Some 2022 Navigator vehicles may experience an inoperative rear interior power liftgate switch. This may be due to a water ingress condition into the rear liftgate. If moisture or corrosion is found in the liftgate switch and/or connector,repair any water leaks prior to switch and/or connector replacement. Check all liftgate seals between liftgate trim panel and liftgate door for proper position and orientation, including seals with the liftgate glass open. Perform water ingress leak path testing on liftgate door. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-00 > Body System > General Information > Diagnosis and Testing > Dust and Water Leaks.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2022 TRUCK: B9 U554N NAVIGATOR

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is kind of funny, on my 2019 expy i had water incursion on the rear lift glass and liftgate anytime I took the vehicle through a carwash. I have also had to have my rear liftgate button twice now in two years. they just stop working. The gaskets were replaced on the rear and so far no more leaks, but they sure did a crumby job on the gaskets, they aren't straight and they got the black adhesive all over the place.

Last time I replaced the button, I took the original part apart. It's really crumby design that relies on an elastic piece of rubber that's supposed to expand upon pressing, to return the button to the open position. that rubber has nothing else providing resistance so it just wears out from what I can tell and the button sticks. If I banged on the inside trim near the button, it would pop back out and function again. JUNK

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett