Stereo install ?'s for my 03 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rupe

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what i have to do to get my subwoofer to work? I am installing a new stereo and i cant even figure it out with a wiring harness? I need to know what wire does what. I cant find a diagram anywhere. I bought a Haynes book but i dont understand that...thanks!!

Last edited:

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have 3 plugs for the stereo wiring harness, the smaller plug is for the subwoofer. Scosche makes a harness that plugs into the smaller plug and converts it to RCA plugs for the subwoofer input on the aftermarket unit. You just need to tap into power and ground leads. Take a look at my Kenwood DNX-5140 install post I did a month or so ago and you'll see the plugs and harness.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the subwoofer original for the expedition or is it aftermarket also. I just install an original subwoofer in my 03 expy XLT along with an OEM Navigation radio and both are working.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have an aftermarket system...check your options for sound/subwoofer and make sure the subwoofer is on...i have a pioneer and my 12's worked by not my factory sub...during the setup process i elected for the sub not to work...took me a month to figure that out...so i ran the intial setup again and got it to work that way...no i have the option at anytime to turn the factory sub and my 12 on/off