Stored fault codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trunk monkey

Reaction score
A few days ago my 2020 expo max4x4 25k xlt threw two fault codes. One was for the lane departure system, the other might have been passengers side airbag. I tried the obd port for my code reader, but it doesn’t show anything. The lane departure system is not working. Any idea how I can retrieve those codes? Thx

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few days ago my 2020 expo max4x4 25k xlt threw two fault codes. One was for the lane departure system, the other might have been passengers side airbag. I tried the obd port for my code reader, but it doesn’t show anything. The lane departure system is not working. Any idea how I can retrieve those codes? Thx
Check your FordPass app...it will usually (err...sometimes) push them there.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Standard code reader will not read advanced manufacturer specific codes. Need something more advanced. FORSCAN will read them with a MSCAN capable adapter.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As above, seek out a better scan tool. I picked up on Innova 5610 used off of eBay for $125 and it can read enhanced DTCs.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Based upon the year and mileage, wouldn’t your vehicle be covered under the initial basic warranty? If so, why wouldn’t you take it to a dealer for repair?

OP
OP
T

trunk monkey

Reaction score
Based upon the year and mileage, wouldn’t your vehicle be covered under the initial basic warranty? If so, why wouldn’t you take it to a dealer for repair?
it’s at the dealership now. I wanted to know the codes before they looked at it. Have had them erase and reset fault codes before telling me the repair was done only to have them return.

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it’s at the dealership now. I wanted to know the codes before they looked at it. Have had them erase and reset fault codes before telling me the repair was done only to have them return.

Let us know what is repaired - good luck.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As above, seek out a better scan tool. I picked up on Innova 5610 used off of eBay for $125 and it can read enhanced DTCs.
For that price you can buy a GOOD Bluetooth MSCan Adapter like the OBDLink MX+, and be able to scan, and do Forscan.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For that price you can buy a GOOD Bluetooth MSCan Adapter like the OBDLink MX+, and be able to scan, and do Forscan.

That's true. When I looked into it awhile back they were charging extra for each brand, but seems they are no longer doing it. Still, I'm not a huge BT fan so I may still have gone with the wired handheld.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69