Tricks on removing exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TooHighExpo

Reaction score
Hi, im gonna take off my exhuast today but i dont wanna cut it or destroy it. easy way to take it off so it's able to be put back on? and my hangers are still intact lol for some reason. and how im i gonna get it off them.

thanks.

oh its 1998 5.4 Eb.

Last edited:

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The muffler attaches to the factory Y pipe with a clamp mine was really rusted, but with some spray lube ( I used PB Blaster) and a rubber dead blow hammer we where able to seperate it without destroying it. As for the rubber hanger mounts again alot of the PB Blaster, a couple of screw drivers and a few bad words and you can get them off without destroying them as well. It was definatley benificial to have two people as well but could be done by your self just a little harder. Hope this helps!

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good luck..... i ended up having to cut mine off my 99 eb.... and it wasnt really rusted... someone had welded it together... guess u never know what has been cob jobbed til u need to remove it...... i had 2 people and it was still a nightmare...... but like i said mine had tac welds so that maybe why.......

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
exhaust

I just installed a new muffler and tailpipe on my 2000 EB EXP. last week end. The original system was pretty rusty but I heated the joint at the Y pipe until it glowed cherry red and then just twisted and wobbled it a few times ant came right off. Without a good torch it would have been a nightmare.
Rich