Trigger One Smart Relay...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Long story short I need a quick and easy way to wire my lights up while waiting for my 6 switch trigger System to arrive. I also wanted a way to integrate them into the auto high beams so a relay would be needed. This way I will be able to arm and disarm them to the high beams and also manual override without the need of mounting, running and drilling a switch. We are headed to FL to visit the inlaws and due to schedule will be driving through the night. This little guy is an easy way to make any circuit "smart" and also offers dimming and strobe which I will never use. I'll do a quick write-up when I get it all setup.

https://triggercontroller.com/trigger-one-bluetooth-relay/

4001-ONE-Hero.jpg

I have been trying to find a wiring diagram for our headlights and from what I can find on the f150 forums is the high beam lead is a brown with red stripe? Does this carry over? All the shop manuals I have found are $150-$300. Is there a place online that is better/cheaper? Thank you in advance!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to find it so I don’t have to. Buying that relay just put you $60.00 closer to a Switch-Pros. Hahaa, just giving you crap. I was going to grab it at the BCM but from looking at the mess of wires and how tight everything is ran. It will probably be easier to get it from the headlight plug. People swapping out the halogens lights pull the fender liner and have easy access to the wires and bulbs. Depending on what plugs I find I will build a tap plug to keep all the factory wiring and weatherproofing in tacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha, the $200 I saved is going towards AllTerrains going under our wagon... I still have to put it on a lift to double check my measurements but I THINK I can make it work...

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Long story short I need a quick and easy way to wire my lights up while waiting for my 6 switch trigger System to arrive. I also wanted a way to integrate them into the auto high beams so a relay would be needed. This way I will be able to arm and disarm them to the high beams and also manual override without the need of mounting, running and drilling a switch. We are headed to FL to visit the inlaws and due to schedule will be driving through the night. This little guy is an easy way to make any circuit "smart" and also offers dimming and strobe which I will never use. I'll do a quick write-up when I get it all setup.

https://triggercontroller.com/trigger-one-bluetooth-relay/

View attachment 36590

I have been trying to find a wiring diagram for our headlights and from what I can find on the f150 forums is the high beam lead is a brown with red stripe? Does this carry over? All the shop manuals I have found are $150-$300. Is there a place online that is better/cheaper? Thank you in advance!

What kind of lights do u need to hook up?

OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a pair of dual KC Flex lights mounted at the base of the a pillars... So far very happy with the build quality.

20200603_132241-01.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got as far as the harness that comes out of the rear of the headlight control module but we were unable to find a high beam trigger there. I guess the next step is to check at the other end. I unfortunately ran out of time as we hit the road the next morning. The good news is it's pretty easy to access behind the fender well.

I'll post more when I tear back into it for the 6 switch. For now it's hard wired and controlled by the app. Found a way to stuff the wires up in the plastic cover and along the windshield squirter tubes with light zip ties...

20200618_174030.jpg

20200618_180352.jpg

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that the plug to the headlight? That will suck balls to make a plug for that if it is. [emoji3525]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the cable leading to the headlight control unit which controls the headlights and fogs (one on each side)... Then it breaks out to another box that I would normally think is a ballast but I'm pretty sure we have dual LED as well.