What are the head light and high beam bulb sizes and wattage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The stock headlamps don't seem to be all that bright to me. Having the fog lights on full time helps a lot but I wouldn't mind upgrading the stock regular beams if I could do so without blinding oncoming drivers or getting police attention. Are there better bulbs that truly make a difference in driving light or would it be better to consider a whole new housing with projector style beams?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
gharris, the headlights are a 9007 bulb. The bulbs should be rated at 55/65. There are some out there that are rated at 80/100, but these I would not recommend as the factory headlight switch is barely capable of handling the lower wattage bulbs (put in the higher wattage bulbs and after about 15 minutes, put your hand near the headlight switch).

As for colors, that really only applies to HID bulbs. HID bulbs are a complete different monster than the factory halogen bulbs. Kinda like calling a Chevette and a Corvette the same vehicle. They are both Vettes. LMAO. Yes, there are some halogen bulbs that try to play off that they are "super white" or some other verbage like that, but really, it amounts to a coating that they put on the bulb glass and it blocks some of the light that the bulb makes to make the light appear whiter.

if you need to know more about HID bulbs, do some looking around here. I have a big write up that goes into more detail about HID bulbs than you probably wanted to know about them.

OP
OP
gharris129

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to grab some of the faux bids on eBay yes it is a coating one stock type bulb but I feel like I can see better w the 5000k 55w h9bulbs in my girlfriends g6. Maybe it's a contrast thing but I feel like it works so I'm going to try to get them for my truck hers were five dollars for thetwo low beams. If nothing else it's a cheap try and fail. If I ever get aftermarket fogs I'll go high end but these did work well for my purpose on the g6. My fox mustang had lame lighting wiring that's why I asked if the wattage would be a problem. Just wish I could get a 55w 100w bulb but I won't go higher than stock after thermos post and my mustang experience. I can't justify full hid setup for this truck maybe if she came to me in better condition I would consider it but this truck is due fur till I'm ready for the nxt one. The next expo will be a beast this one is just for a to b till the floor boards rust out.

Thanks for the fast data on the lights.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
gharris, if you need another Expy to play with, got one for you. Comes lifted, oversized tires, lots of other goodies. LMAO. Would even be good to put in separate HID bulbs with the aftermarket headlight assemblies it has. He he he h ehe.