What brand/size tires was your expedition delivered with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 22 Max 4x4 Limited came with General Grabber P285/45R22 A/S

I’m reading people getting pirelli, Goodyear, stupid Hankooks, Michelins from factory

I’m not really interested in A/T as this is a soccer mom truck on 22’s….it don’t leave the pavement. But I will have it on snow and ice in winter and occasional boat ramps in the summer.
Looking for opinions and experience. I’ll be eyeballing Defenders or GY Fortitudes as replacements.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine came with Michelin Primacy in 285x65r18. After much arguing Ford replaced them with Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar ATs. I plan to go with the BFG KO2s when these need replacing, but I want a more aggressive AT tire. Wasn’t the Michelin LTX pretty much designed for what you need/want in a tire?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 22 Max 4x4 Limited came with General Grabber P285/45R22 A/S

I’m reading people getting pirelli, Goodyear, stupid Hankooks, Michelins from factory

I’m not really interested in A/T as this is a soccer mom truck on 22’s….it don’t leave the pavement. But I will have it on snow and ice in winter and occasional boat ramps in the summer.
Looking for opinions and experience. I’ll be eyeballing Defenders or GY Fortitudes as replacements.

I ordered my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4.

When ordering, the 2-wheel drive Limited was equipped with 20-inch, all season tires (I don’t know the brand).

When ordering, the 4-wheel drive Limited was equipped with 20-inch, all terrain Hankook tires.

The salesperson said that all terrain tires were required on the 4x4 models, and I could not request all season tires (even though they were standard on the 2-wheel drive model). I did not want all terrain tires, as I intended to use the vehicle strictly as a passenger vehicle.

I found the Hankook all terrain tires to be poor quality and with poor rain traction. I replaced them with Michelin all season tires.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes