What does this button do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone! We have had our Max for 3 days, lol. I'm in Love! It's my dream Mom vehicle. I've had a 08 Taurus X for the last 8 years. So the Max is a major upgrade. I have read most of the owners manual and have pushed a lot of buttons.
We got a 2019 Max platinum with every feature except the integrated TV screens. Which we didn't want, the kids can look out the window. Including the heavy tow package. So there is no shortage of buttons. She was a one owner lease vehicle so she has low miles and is great condition. I named her Maxine. She is so lovely, inside and out. looking forward to many years and miles down the road.
I do have a question. Behind the center counsel there are controls for climate and audio. I figured out how to lock out the climate controls. Is there a way to lock out the audio controls also? We have a second row button pusher. And Mama doesn't like having her station changed. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 20220402_091621.jpg
    20220402_091621.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 12

RBArthur82

Reaction score
No, there is no way to do this. It’s very frustrating if you have small children who like to play with it. There might be away to change the settings and disable it with some type of OBD programmer. I’ve got one for my Jeep, but I’m not familiar with what can be used on Ford (my JScan may work, never tried it actually, but im not sure if the obd port/security bypass is the same). However, we just traded our 19 for a 21, and those controls are no longer there! Just the climate, so we were very happy about that.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Most 3rd generation trucks locked out rear controls by pressing two radio buttons simultaneously. The feature wasn't advertised in all the owners' manuals. If anyone has access to a shop manual, it would be worth checking out if there's a feature like this.

OP
OP
Maxine the Max

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are we talking actual buttons or "buttons" on the screen. The only actual buttons in this 19' are pre sets and a tune and volume dial. Would I have to do this each trip? Some of the driver assist features can be turned off but will turn back on again the next time the motor is started so wondering if the radio would be the same.

OP
OP
Maxine the Max

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, there is no way to do this. It’s very frustrating if you have small children who like to play with it. There might be away to change the settings and disable it with some type of OBD programmer. I’ve got one for my Jeep, but I’m not familiar with what can be used on Ford (my JScan may work, never tried it actually, but im not sure if the obd port/security bypass is the same). However, we just traded our 19 for a 21, and those controls are no longer there! Just the climate, so we were very happy about that.
RBarther - good to know! I'm really happy with my vehicle but those buttons are going to get someone ridding on the roof rack (I'm totally joking, btw) hoping the novelty will wear off soon. He isn't happy that I locked out the climate control. He's 11, so not little but very curious, about EVERYTHiNG!