What type of pin connector does the rear view mirror have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amanwithaplan

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to install a dashcam in my 2021 Expedition Platinum, but I'd like to avoid splicing if possible. I came across this adapter (linked by another user in this forum), and my brother uses a similar setup in his car, so with that said, does anyone happen to know what type of pin connector the rear view mirror uses? Thanks for your time.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to install a dashcam in my 2021 Expedition Platinum, but I'd like to avoid splicing if possible. I came across this adapter (linked by another user in this forum), and my brother uses a similar setup in his car, so with that said, does anyone happen to know what type of pin connector the rear view mirror uses? Thanks for your time.

Went down that road and most of the time the easy way is not the best way. Problem is good dash cams have a power and a acc. I have owned many dashcams where you cut the power the last video file get corrupted as it did not shut down correctly. hence the red power and yellow acc. I ran 2 harnesses (one for cam the other for detector) along the pass side to the pass side fuse box. Was gravy.

OP
OP
A

amanwithaplan

Reaction score
Went down that road and most of the time the easy way is not the best way. Problem is good dash cams have a power and a acc. I have owned many dashcams where you cut the power the last video file get corrupted as it did not shut down correctly. hence the red power and yellow acc. I ran 2 harnesses (one for cam the other for detector) along the pass side to the pass side fuse box. Was gravy.
Thanks for the reply and advice. I think I'll go the fuse box route. That said - which fuses did you tap for power and accessory?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire