Where does the oil go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2000 goes through oil every 800 or so. The best explanation I heard that makes most sense is sticky rings. Toby explained it best, about three weeks back. He added marvel mystery oil in with the oil, and after about 2 or so oil changes or 10,000 miles, the burning went way down. With the 3 valve engines this can be tricky with the phasers and solenoids that don't like being shocked. But the first edition ones might benefit from a kick in the rings. I'm getting tired of adding a half quart of Mobil 1 every 500 miles. I'm going to drop some in about 1,000 miles from now, and let it run about 500 miles till next oil change.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2000 goes through oil every 800 or so. The best explanation I heard that makes most sense is sticky rings. Toby explained it best, about three weeks back. He added marvel mystery oil in with the oil, and after about 2 or so oil changes or 10,000 miles, the burning went way down. With the 3 valve engines this can be tricky with the phasers and solenoids that don't like being shocked. But the first edition ones might benefit from a kick in the rings. I'm getting tired of adding a half quart of Mobil 1 every 500 miles. I'm going to drop some in about 1,000 miles from now, and let it run about 500 miles till next oil change.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
Probably ur exhaust. And this is the 2018+ forum..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze