Windshield Washer Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lnstrqc85

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition that the windshield washer stopped spraying. Prior to any removal of parts, I thought it wasn’t spraying because we ran out of fluids. When I added the fluids and attempted to spray, nothing happened

I removed the pump first to make sure it was working. It has power and makes the whirring sound when engaged. I replaced the seal at the bottom of the reservoir as I damaged it. Hooked everything back up and attempted to test and see if anything changed.

Washer fluid sprayed everywhere at the location by the pump and the fluid lines. Nothing came out of the nozzle. When I removed the pump, I noticed there are two lines that connected to it. One on the left and one on the right. Could overspray be a result of me hooking those up backwards? I don’t see how I could’ve mad that mistake as the way those lines are positioned it’s really hard for you to hook them up incorrectly.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One line goes to the front window and one line goes to the rear window. Where exactly is it leaking or spraying from ?

OP
OP
Lnstrqc85

Lnstrqc85

Reaction score
The pump. It’s hard to see the exact location when it sprays out because of vantage point.

I’m thinking of replacing the pump and possibly get a better look at the two lines. Thoughts?