Windshield Washer Tank leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPBDXB

Reaction score
Expedition Newbie - 2013 XL.

I have a crack / leak in the windshield washer fluid tank - it won't fill up without pouring out the wheel arch. I've tried to extract the tank but the geniuses at Ford decided to rivet the tank to the battery tray. Without unbolting half the engine bay - can't take it out via the hood. I also removed the headlight to get at it that way but still not enough room to access/remove. Has anyone tried to access / remove via the front wheel arch or do I really have to remove quote a components and drain the radiator to change /repair the tank. Thanks

Last edited:

Cluster333

Reaction score
Expedition Newbie - 2013 XL.

I have a crack / leak in the windshield washer fluid tank - it won't fill up without pouring out the wheel arch. I've tried to extract the tank but the geniuses at Ford decided to rivet the tank to the battery tray. Without unbolting half the engine bay - can't take it out via the hood. I also removed the headlight to get at it that way but still not enough room to access/remove. Has anyone tried to access / remove via the front wheel arch or do I really have to remove quote a components and drain the radiator to change /repair the tank. Thanks
The top frame on mine cracked due to catch can attached. Mine still works just don't like it broken. I too was trying to replace and I think you need to go thru the wheel well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani