Windshield Washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patrick Foreman

Reaction score
2017 Limited

Already replaced washer pump (Motorcraft WG312 Washer Pump), and switch on blinker stalk (Motorcraft SW7415 Switch Assembly).

Windshield washer has quite working. Back glass washer works. I made up a jumper wire and grounded the one wire at the pump, hit the switch, it worked. Where is the relay that changes the polarity on the two wires that go to the pump? For whatever reason, the ground side is not switching when I try to wash the windshield.

What are people doing to fix the wiring harness at the blower motor?

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
On my 2008 the washer won't work front or rear if the rear wiper motor is unplugged. This isn't a good answer, but might be a clue.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2017 Limited

Already replaced washer pump (Motorcraft WG312 Washer Pump), and switch on blinker stalk (Motorcraft SW7415 Switch Assembly).

Windshield washer has quite working. Back glass washer works. I made up a jumper wire and grounded the one wire at the pump, hit the switch, it worked. Where is the relay that changes the polarity on the two wires that go to the pump? For whatever reason, the ground side is not switching when I try to wash the windshield.

What are people doing to fix the wiring harness at the blower motor?

Blower wiring harness fix:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf