Windshield wiper arm very loose.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my passenger windshield wiper arm is very loose and the other day I was messing with it and a small metal piece fell out of it. I'm sure its part of the assembly, but I have no clue where it goes or what it really does. It appears kinda tapered, so it must snug the arm up somehow. I'll try to post a pic of the piece that fell out.

IF anyone has any idea how to fix this, I'd appreciate it vs running it back to the dealer and being told its just fine and waste a couple hrs driving it there..... THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When my car was new I found pieces like this sitting in the plastic tray under my wipers. I forgot about them until you posted these pictures. I haven’t noticed my arms being loose, but I might have to go check now. My wipers have worked fine in the 7 months I’ve owned the car.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That piece fell out of mine too. It helps guide the wiper arm onto the shaft and probably takes up the looseness. I just glued mine back in. See photo.
IMG_1861.JPG

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like Edistobob found it. It would definitely cause the arm to be loose.