Would you buy your XLT again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope they start using LED projectors on the 2025 refresh. I had a 2022 Expedition Max Limited as a rental and I liked it a lot. I feel like the Limited trim had everything I thought was necessary. I don't see myself buying a higher trim - especially if those trims make 22" wheels as standard.

Isn't this issue fixed on the current 3.5L EcoBoost?
Maybe...

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like my XLT Max (with adaptive cruise control, HD tow and FX4). That said in 2019, 2020 and 2021 you could get the FX4 on the limited which would allow you to also get the 360 cameras, the LED lights and the B&O stereo. I just console myself by playing a lot of CDs and frequently changing the color of my interior accent lights.

zone

Reaction score
Yes I’d buy it again. The only thing I’d like is the LED headlights, as others have mentioned.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I’d buy it again. The only thing I’d like is the LED headlights, as others have mentioned.
I’ll take the projector halogens over the LED as I can replace them with an HID setup with replaceable bulbs. When the factory LED fail you’ll need to replace the whole assembly… $$$. I’d love for Ford to make a factory LED projector assembly with replaceable LED diode chips but I’m sure that what I’m hoping for is only a pipe dream…

I have a 2018 XLT 202a package and it has everything I want in a vehicle. I hate sunroofs and currently the only way to not get a sunroof is to purchase the stx or xlt trims… since the 202a package comes with heated and cooled seats, sync with optional navigation, adaptive cruise and other goodies it’s perfect for my daily use case.

MikeTheApeman

Reaction score
I have a 2018 XLT 202a package and it has everything I want in a vehicle. I hate sunroofs and currently the only way to not get a sunroof is to purchase the stx or xlt trims… since the 202a package comes with heated and cooled seats, sync with optional navigation, adaptive cruise and other goodies it’s perfect for my daily use case.
I have a 2018 XLT with the 202a package as well, but mine doesn't have adaptive cruise. I think you mean that if you have the 202a you could get adaptive cruise, but can't get adaptive cruise without the 202a package, right?

Like others above have said - I'd buy an XLT again. Same reasons as most - didn't want a sunroof, has enough of the bells and whistles that I was looking for. I'd like the LED headlights, but apex made a good point about replacing when burned out. If there were aftermarket options, it'd be a different story. Only other thing mine doesn't have that I would have liked is front parking sensors. I was kind of shocked that it didn't have them, and they were probably available if you have adaptive cruise.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 XLT with the 202a package as well, but mine doesn't have adaptive cruise. I think you mean that if you have the 202a you could get adaptive cruise, but can't get adaptive cruise without the 202a package, right?

Like others above have said - I'd buy an XLT again. Same reasons as most - didn't want a sunroof, has enough of the bells and whistles that I was looking for. I'd like the LED headlights, but apex made a good point about replacing when burned out. If there were aftermarket options, it'd be a different story. Only other thing mine doesn't have that I would have liked is front parking sensors. I was kind of shocked that it didn't have them, and they were probably available if you have adaptive cruise.
Yes the technology package was an addition on top of the 202a package. I can’t recall if you could get the front parking sensors on the XLT. I believe the 360 and front sensors were an option on the limited for the 18 models and not available on the XLT trim.

Reaction score
I have an 18 xlt with adaptive cruise, heated/cooled seats, navigation, intelligent access, push button start, 3rd,2nd row power fold, heated steering wheel, connectivity package, post accident alert, bliss, cross traffic alert, rain sensing wipers auto head lights, love it, has 76k on it

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘16 XLT EL. It’s got leather, heated/ cooled front seats, touchscreen nav, backup camera, sunroof, Sony stereo, 4wd, turn signal under side mirrors, brake controller, HD tow package, 110v inverter, 20in Ford F-150 5-spoke wheels, and power fold rear seats.

Might’ve left something out… but yeah, I’d buy it again. Most XLT’s aren’t equipped like this one. I still own my ‘04 Eddie Bauer… it is nice, but not equipped as well as the XLT.

I do like the higher trim level packages because there are a few other things I like that I don’t have. I.e., panoramic sunroof and 360 degree camera. But, I wouldn’t give up my Full Race Freak-O-Beast setup for all those amenities, and a stock motor. Saving all that trim level upgrade money got me the Full Race goodies!!!

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 XLT and would do it again. The only thing I sometimes wish I had is the leather seats. I like the fabric seats in the winter, and summer actually, but when it comes to how easy the leather is to keep clean with kids and a dog I would like to have the leather. I didn't get any options other than the HD tow.

Roland A

Reaction score
I have a 2020 XLT. It is a great truck, I wish I could have added LED's all around and been able to delete the sunroof.

Probably will not buy a higher trim that includes 22 inch tires.

If you drive your 3.5 like you stole it it will greatly reduce waste gate issues.