rubber dash tray inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haulin-Iron

Reaction score
Got an '08 and looking for the rubber inserts for the tray in the middle of the dash. Pics or part numbers or anything will help. Thanks.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From fordparts.com:

Part Number Part Description Price Your Price Availability Quantity
<045G34B
Ford

Floor Console Compartment Mat
Black
$26.77

OP
OP
H

Haulin-Iron

Reaction score
Thanks K9. I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the one that's on top of the dash, near the windshield..

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree that it does look like an insert should go in there, a rubber or silicone or even felt-type liner atleast, but nothing was made. You aren't missing any parts and there isn't an off-the-shelf solution.

I bought and trimmed one of those universal no-slip cell phone trays and made it fit the center cubby, but evidently it grew feet and walked away. Been a few years back. Looked decent and kept items from vibrating on rough roads.

There have been various F150's over the years (04-current) with similar looking top of dash cubbies with removable liners, one to three trays, but nothing that interchange to 07+ Expedition as far as I know. Doesn't appear to be a Navigator solution either.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks K9. I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the one that's on top of the dash, near the windshield..

I agree that it does look like an insert should go in there, a rubber or silicone or even felt-type liner atleast, but nothing was made. You aren't missing any parts and there isn't an off-the-shelf solution.

This. ^

I would just cut a piece of rubber matting and put it in there. Felt would be fine also provided you don't have any pets (dog hair is a ***** to get out of felt).

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I bought and trimmed one of those universal no-slip cell phone trays and made it fit the center cubby, but evidently it grew feet and walked away. Been a few years back. Looked decent and kept items from vibrating on rough roads.

There have been various F150's over the years (04-current) with similar looking top of dash cubbies with removable liners, one to three trays, but nothing that interchange to 07+ Expedition as far as I know. Doesn't appear to be a Navigator solution either.

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 earlier this year. The lack of rubber or foam pad inserts in the three dash-top compartments struck me as "cheap". I even asked the salesman about the missing inserts and he told there were none. Any items placed in the compartments are prone to rattling and sliding.

Sometimes I think auto manufacturers NEVER drive their vehicles in everyday use to quickly see what can be improved easily.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes I think auto manufacturers NEVER drive their vehicles in everyday use to quickly see what can be improved easily.

Agreed. In both my wife's Mazda 6 and my Expedition we've got the helicopter noise when only the rear windows are open. There's no way they could miss that during R&D if they had actually driven it. In my wife's Mazda, another issue that surely would have been caught if any of the R&D guys had driven the vehicle is that you can't see the low fuel light while in the driving position. You need to lean forward and peer around the steering column to see it. :/