02 sensor code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Bean

Reaction score
Barrie, Ontario formerly Penperlleni, Cymru
Hi guys

I was driving home from work earlier and my tire pressure sensor light came on. When I got home I plugged in my OBD reader and it told me I had a P0150 error, which is bank 2, #1 O2 sensor.

Is there any feasible way the two could possibly be related?

The other thing is the car has never thrown a CEL so I'm wondering if the CEL is actually working. I may have been driving around for months with a bad O2 sensor.

Next question is if I have to change the sensor, do I change every one at the same time? The car has just hit 80K form when I bought it so I'm overdue some maintenance. I want to change the plugs out and the O2 sensors to start. When the snow clears I'll flush the coolant out.

Should I be doing other maintenance too?

Cheers

Beanie

OP
OP
M

Mr Bean

Reaction score
The tire sensor light was off this morning when I left. Stayed off all the way to work and back. Put my OBD scanner on when I got home and the O2 code had disappeared as well.

Going to forget about it for now, although a friend of mine said the tire pressure thing could have been from the temperature gain we had over the course of the day.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the O2 code just a pending code? Having owned a 3rd gen for 2 years I can tell you that idling for 15+ minutes sometimes triggers a pending O2 code that will never leave pending status and will thus clear itself. If it actually triggers the CEL though, then you may end up needing to replace the sensor. I would only replace the faulty sensor. O2 sensors often last the life of the vehicle.

And no, the tire light and O2 code would not be related unless perhaps you had a computer module issue. It's far more likely that it's just due to temperature changes.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
02 sensors can fail for different reasons. If you check other posts, you'll see some failed due to a failing catalytic converter, or a sticking fuel injector. If it was me I would change just the one, after running a fuel trim/ wiring check up to the injector in question. Again it's just me but if your replacing item, buy one from Ford, and put a small amount of anti seize on threads. Don't get any on head of sensor where it goes into Exaust. Keep us posted on results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeeter

Reaction score
They are two separate animals and neither interacts with the other one. A change in fuel quality (water saturated, additives or ethanol blend) or a different brand can play with the sensor but not enough to trigger a command for a CEL. You may have a spark plug or coil that may have caused a less than optimum fuel burn resulting in a O2 sensor log. Your ECM was able to compensate and stay within parameters. You can panic and throw parts at it or just monitor it. The TPMS is temperature sensitive, I thinks it's 10 deg = 1 psi change, and it usually trips at around a 18-20% loss in psi which at a normal 30 psi is 24-25 psi triggering a TPMS light. It's a sensor, so it may be more or less on the accuracy scale.

OP
OP
M

Mr Bean

Reaction score
Now the weather has warmed up the TPMS warning light still triggers. It actually triggers at exactly the same point in my journey home from work every day. I'm hoping to get the summer out of my tires so would replace all four sensors when I get new rubber. Can anyone recommend the best place to get replacements from?

I also now have the service advancetrac warning telling me my brake system is at fault. My E brake is disconnected at the moment so I'm thinking that may be why. If it isn't that are there any tried and tested troubleshooting methods for this or is it time to go to my local dealer?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the weather has warmed up the TPMS warning light still triggers. It actually triggers at exactly the same point in my journey home from work every day. I'm hoping to get the summer out of my tires so would replace all four sensors when I get new rubber. Can anyone recommend the best place to get replacements from?

I also now have the service advancetrac warning telling me my brake system is at fault. My E brake is disconnected at the moment so I'm thinking that may be why. If it isn't that are there any tried and tested troubleshooting methods for this or is it time to go to my local dealer?
I bought my last set from Rock Auto. I bought the previous set from Amazon "Orange Sensors" they sucked, only lasted about 18 months. The set I got from Rock Auto were made by Schrader, they were pretty good.

OP
OP
M

Mr Bean

Reaction score
Nice one. I'll check them out. Same thing happened when I left work tonight. Got to the same point and the alarm went off. Got home with all the advancetrac lights and the TPMS on. Went back out about an hr later and there were no lights on at all. Drove for 3 mins and the advancetrac thing lit up again.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice one. I'll check them out. Same thing happened when I left work tonight. Got to the same point and the alarm went off. Got home with all the advancetrac lights and the TPMS on. Went back out about an hr later and there were no lights on at all. Drove for 3 mins and the advancetrac thing lit up again.
The AdvanceTrac and TPMS aren't related so you have two different issues. More than likely there is different sensor problem with the AdvancTrac. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
M

Mr Bean

Reaction score
All the lights were off last night when I left work. Only the pressure sensor came back on at the same point on the journey home. Advancetrac warning still hasn't come back on. I'm thinking now I may have a dodgy connection somewhere.