03-06 Expedition Amp placement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys in my truck in the back I have a big ass probox with two 15" Kicker L7s and a HiFonics amp. I am wanting to mount the amp somewhere "creative" I like how it lights up in the dark and kinda want it to shine back there. I want to see pics of how you guys have your amps mount?

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys in my truck in the back I have a big ass probox with two 15" Kicker L7s and a HiFonics amp. I am wanting to mount the amp somewhere "creative" I like how it lights up in the dark and kinda want it to shine back there. I want to see pics of how you guys have your amps mount?

Is the box subs up port back, or subs back port back? If they're both back you could do an amp rack on top of the box with the amp angles toward the front. Some pics would help with ideas.

I would show some pics of my amp rack, but I'm not done with it yet lol. I could dig up some pics of my old amp racks if you want.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I GOT MINE DONE SIMPLE, AMP ON THE MIDDLE SEAT IN THE 2ND ROW, I GOT A KENWOOD AMP WITH THE LIGHT ON IT AS WELL AND IT LIGHTS UP MY TRUCK AT NIGHT, NOT DISTRACTINGLY BRIGHT BUT STILL PRETTY COOL LOOKING

JULY09016.jpg
JULY09022.jpg
JULY09018.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine is on my 2nd row seat. i used to have it on the box till it decided to wear into the 3rd row seat. so i moved it. but when it was back there it was really bright blue. or put it on the floor between the 2nd and 3rd row. idk how the 2nd gen expeditions are layed out, but my 1st amp was between the 2, then again i got it for $20. so i didnt care if it got scratched.

OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to buy another hifonics amp. I kind of want something like this.

31953d1153550709-amp-rack-photos-installation-newbox006.jpg

Or something so that the box and amps won't slide around.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probox- best pre fab box ever 10yrs and still kickin i got 2 tens but i keep them clean

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to buy another hifonics amp. I kind of want something like this.

31953d1153550709-amp-rack-photos-installation-newbox006.jpg

Or something so that the box and amps won't slide around.

Those look like SX's. But that box is awfully small for 2 18"s.

And I like the amp placement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I might talking about the box. I Just want something call to place my amps in. That's what I want to do something like that.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My amp is nothing fancy. That's why I keep it under my second row seat :p