03' body cladding problem :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12ramirezj

Reaction score
I live in Illinois so when it snows up here my body cladding goes a nasty grey and idk it just looks nasty... I was wondering if anyone here has painted their body cladding the same color as their expy? and if so did you do it yourself??

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actualy going to get that done. I have an EB and I dont want the beige anymore. If you have a limited or EB premier, they come painted already.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that happens to ALL with the grey cladding...not just yours or cause youre in illinois...happens in florida and virginia...so everyone gets it painted or paint themselves...not a painter so dont know the steps

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
theres that mothers restore black and bondo trim treatment its like $10, my buddy has an 01 lightning and uses that to keep all the plastic on the bed and window sill trim black, and it lasts like 6-9 months he said, me personally i'd paint

Bow Down

Reaction score
I had mine painted, and I love it. It looks so much cleaner now.

Attachments

• new 1.jpg
    new 1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 883
  • new 2.jpg
    new 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 478
  • new 3.jpg
    new 3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,280

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could have the money for painting my lowers. I look like a messed up panda with the Krylon Fusion peeling from some of the sections.

Bow Down

Reaction score
I actually found a guy on CL that paints on the side. All I did was removed the cladding myself and he painted them.

akexpy04

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually found a guy on CL that paints on the side. All I did was removed the cladding myself and he painted them.

Where in norcal are you? What kind of tires are you runnin on those 22's? I personally dont like my tires on the 22's and looking for something else. but your expy is clean though. my tailights are next with just the three red lines on it.

ajhnson

Reaction score
that happens to ALL with the grey cladding...not just yours or cause youre in illinois...happens in florida and virginia...so everyone gets it painted or paint themselves...not a painter so dont know the steps

Eagle One Trim Protecting Gel is my best friend! :) Wipe on and off leaving no oily residue. It will turn any faded ash grey cladding into a rich black like new appearance. The best stuff on the market and it lasts a long time! I used it several months ago and my cladding still looks like new and it's been through a few rainy spells. Google it!