03 EB 5.4 RWD Brake lights flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarLoner

Reaction score
A constable pulled me over yesterday saying it looked like brake lights were malfunctioning. So last night I had the wife follow me and she said the brake lights work when I hit the brakes, but they flicker if I’m at a stop. Does anyone know what can be causing this problem? I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

John

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1) Poor electrical connection(s) in the sockets or ground point

2) Failing diodes in the alternator - usually all lights will flicker at idle & brighten up when engine speed is increased.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On top of what Stamp said, check or replace fuse and the connection for fuse for brake lights. Also check the brake light switch itself at the pedal. Could be a corroded or loose connection. Post your findings.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

LoneStarLoner

Reaction score
Alright guys, so I finally got around to fixing the issue. The problem wound up being a bad brake light switch. Picked one up from Auto Zone and brakes are back to normal.

Sorry for the late reply but I had the truck parked and hadn’t gotten time to get around to it.

I really appreciate everyone’s help!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad it was easy.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk