'03 EB puddle lamp bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryL

Reaction score
'03 EB puddle lamp bulbs and whack job on the mirrors

Anyone know what bulb size is used for the puddle lamps? The manual doesn't even acknowledge their existence and I'd rather not have to remove the assembly twice if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LarryL

LarryL

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I tried to open the one mirror - removed the one screw - and the assembly wouldn't come down. I also see that the plastic has broken underneath. So I go to the other mirror which has a bad bulb as well. That one won't come down either. It's kinda loose so I give it some extra coaxing and it comes down with some of the mirror plastic as well. The previous owner had super-glued it all together and now the light assembly is completely encased. Apparently the plastic tab for the screw had broken here as well.
So I've gotten this far, may as well check the bulb. I can hear it rattling around. I am also unable to remove the bulb holder. It turns all around but will not pull out. I also see that the turn signal wiring had been cut on one wire and was just twisted together. It came apart when I had removed the assembly.
So now I have Gorilla tape on the one mirror to hold it up until I can figure out where to go from here. I may have to replace the entire mirror on both sides. The motors were not running all that well anyways. Sheesh!

03expyMG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don't access the bulb thru the lens. You have to pop the glass off but be very careful not to bend it. Check YouTube

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can see the twist off socket in this video. The bulb is accessed through the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEIh76Slfhw
Your mirror may have been a screwed pooch to begin with, from the sounds of it. But let this be a lesson: No matter what you want to do in life, a walk through is probably on youtube!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, yea, probably should have posted the mirror video...

OP
OP
LarryL

LarryL

Reaction score
ummmm...oookaay.
So the owner's manual is totally wrong on this?
Either way, you are correct Big White. It was a done deal before I even got to it.
So now how would you replace the entire mirror assembly? I'll bet that you have to remove the door panels and get at it from there.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Removing the door panel isn't hard, though. Plenty of write ups on that on the forum. From there, it's just three bolts holding it on plus disconnecting the electrical connectors, if I remember correctly.

Should take maybe 15-20 mins per side.

Dani Vela

Reaction score
It looks like it has been a while since you guys all posted your ideas. It is a lot harder than you think to get this puddle light changed. I have had my expedition for more than 11 years and its the first time I have had to change a light. I have custom wheels, custom grille, custom halo/projector headlights an custom sound all in my expedition. First time changing these lights and its more work than you think. Took the mirror out of the assembly. Twisted the connector but the bulb is bigger than the hole the connector goes through. Took of the bottom of the mirror to get to the bulb. Only to find that the lens is pretty much glued on. I was able to remove it and not break it. The bulb has no number on it. The only thing I did break is the connector while trying to twist it off. Its 13 years old. Bound to break something. Does the Navigator LED puddle light set up fit on the expedition? Anyone have an answer?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bulb is a 906.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk