Puddle lights / turn signal lamps in side view mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Begwi

Reaction score
Greetings and TIA. I have a 2015 Expedition Platinum 4WD with no modifications except for a catch can. I had to replace the driver side brake/signal bulb about a year ago.

This past weekend, our left turn signal started flashing rapidly and the driver side view mirror signal lamp stopped working. We were driving all day and it remained out. I figured I would need to replace that mirror mounted signal lamp which is surprising because I thought those lights lasted forever.

A day later as I was ordering the part, it started working again but the driver side brake/signal light stopped working. After a few minutes of troubleshooting (I opened the rear light to check the bulb) the brake/signal light started working, but now both puddle lights are out and remain out days later. All other issues have corrected themselves and I don’t see anything else wrong with the vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a common relay or do I have a short somewhere? Is this anyway related to having to change that brake/signal bulb a year ago?

OP
OP
B

Begwi

Reaction score
Update: it has been very sporadic. I thought I had it working, but then my wife drove home without a driver side brake/signal light.

I replaced both brake/signal light bulbs and both puddle lights and everything seems to work for now. I did replace the puddle lights with LEDs I bought off Amazon.