'03 Expedition Touring Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djljr

Reaction score
I drive an '03 Expedition Touring Edition. I don't see any difference between this one and most Xls excepting for the badging, leather and DVD. It was demo with about 3,500 miles on it when I bought it and a great vehicle I will be driving it for quite a while and planning some of the modifications I have been following on this forum when winter rolls around and I get off the Harley.

Anybody know anything about the Touring Edition? Doesn't matter to me but I am curious because I have only seen one other in my wanderings.

OP
OP
D

djljr

Reaction score
So, all these Expy experts here and no one knows anything about a TE Expy? Wow, that's pretty amazing!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just enthusiasts here. :)

But no, I don't think I've heard of a TE Expy. Do you think it might just be a local dealer thing?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't recall the 2003-2006 Expy's having an XLS trim level. I believe they all were XLT's and Eddie Bauer's. It definately sounds like a dealer pkg to make it a little different from the rest of the Expy's on the lot.

OP
OP
D

djljr

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stoned06
I don't recall the 2003-2006 Expy's having an XLS trim level. I believe they all were XLT's and Eddie Bauer's. It definately sounds like a dealer pkg to make it a little different from the rest of the Expy's on the lot.

Thanks for the comments.

I suppose it could be a dealer package but would the dealer install leather seats with TE logo/bading embossed in the leather? The DVD unit does not appear to be a dealer installation, looks very factory to me. I have seen one other in my city but have never been able to find anything from any FoMoCo sites about this vehicle.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by djljr
Thanks for the comments.

I suppose it could be a dealer package but would the dealer install leather seats with TE logo/bading embossed in the leather?

Yes. Does it appear to be factory leather? If so, they just pulled the skin off and had the leather embossed. I worked at a dealer that made a special edition pkg and they pulled off the headrests and had them stitched up with the logo.