03 or 05?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

racerx3317

Reaction score
Sorry about your old expy and glad you are ok. I've never heard anyone complaining about the 3V reliability only complain people have is the broken spark plugs while changing them. I know there are thousands of 03-04 expeditions out there running just fine without any issues but knowing the possibility of getting one that haven't had a tune up at 120k and one of the plugs might blow out before I can change them worries me.

Also some of the members with 03-04 expeditions please chime in and out mind at ease. I've seen a lot of clean 03-04s that could be a grea buy. :)

Thanks, I was just going down the stairs to work on the truck when I heard a loud crash. Had I been down there a minute earlier I could have been killed. I think I'll go for the 03 if it's still available on Monday. Of course Progressive screwed me and didn't overnight the check. All things being equal it just seems in better shape over all. I can do the plugs myself.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party. I have an 05 that I bought two years ago with 119K on the clock. I have 134K now. it runs great and I am very pleased with it I plan to keep it at least 5 more years so cam Phasers and a tuneup are in my future. I have the rusting radiator support issue that is common on the 2nd gen trucks. I love my truck. I just added a remote starter to it a couple of weeks ago.

EVILTOW

Reaction score
03 and 04 are the best years in my opinion. You got the newer suspension from the 02- and you avoid the 3valve motor in the 05+. Get the 03. Its an eddie bauer as well so thats another good point.