04' 4wd making noise | selector switch stuck possibly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you sure or just guessing

guessing, why the owner trade in, and what could happen during the time at the auction, peoples at the auction usually dont give a F about the car.

but im more on about the owner fault, that is why he trade in. NO ONE TRADE IN A PERFECT CAR. AND NO ONE SELL A PERFECT CAR ( accept reputation dealer that give do warranty )

OP
OP
TheOnlyExILike
Reaction score
guessing, why the owner trade in, and what could happen during the time at the auction, peoples at the auction usually dont give a F about the car.

but im more on about the owner fault, that is why he trade in. NO ONE TRADE IN A PERFECT CAR. AND NO ONE SELL A PERFECT CAR ( accept reputation dealer that give do warranty )

I'm not saying the owner may or may not have known something was wrong BUT people trade in perfectly good vehicles all the time to get a new vehicle. Most major manufacturer dealers can't sell cars 10yrs old or older on their lot so they send to auctions. Not just because they're junk and have problems.

That being said, I feel like this could go either way however, I really could care less how or why it was traded in or ended up at auction or whether the prior owner did any damage. I just want to figure it out and fix it.

Aside from this current problem, the vehicle is in mint condition for its age with leather and carpet having no stains or tears, no rust, nothing.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try drive thru a drive thru fast food ( mc donald ), see you heard any tick like a diesel , or park next to a building.

turn on rear A/C see any click sound..

B

bedrck46

try drive thru a drive thru fast food ( mc donald ), see you heard any tick like a diesel , or park next to a building.

Turn on rear a/c see any click sound..

i wish this guy would use spell check.
It would make it much easier to read and understand what he is guessing to say

OP
OP
TheOnlyExILike
Reaction score
I'm going to download the expedition software for my hyperchips tuner and try out the diagnostic tool on it tomorrow. Maybe that will come up with something.

B

bedrck46

ok if you can provide codes I can look them up in the service manual