'04 Expedition EB upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
Hi gang!
I'm kinda new to the forum, but I have read some really great advice here so I think I need to get some help from the collective. Please be gentle :)

I picked up a single owner bone stock 2004 expy with only 80k gentle urban miles and I am loving it. It's an impressive beast in 4x low even with street tires and no lift. But....I wanna play the bolt-on power game to see if I can draw a few more horses out of my engine for towing....and for fun.

Setup:
5.4 2-valve, standard suspension(no air ride), 3.73 gears.
Just had the major service with fresh plugs, belt, all the juices.
Everything is good.

This week I'm adding the following: 3.5/2.5 leveling kit -
Also need a good set of ATs- I loved the BFGs back in the day with my Grand Wagoneer, but that was about 20 years ago and I have been truckless while transiting the "child rearing so you drive a minivan" phase of life.
Looking for recommendations on this as I'd like to keep the highway roar to a minimum. I hear that the KO2s are a bit loud.
Must replace the current 265/70/17, but undecided if I'll go up to 35s....need input from you guys.

Adding K-N 77 Series High-Flow intake

MagnaFlow cat back or just the muffler?

Jet programmer -opinions welcome please

Also adding a Curt concealed front receiver for winch or bike rack, etc.

Shocks are stock and feel like they are still very good, but that "little voice" is saying I should replace them when I add the level kit since I'll be in there anyway.

I look forward to your input -
Will post progress pics this week.

Cheers.

PCa4610f845a70ef234cbe6b0322ad5ffb.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'll probably need to replace shocks depending on how the leveling kit does its thing- they may be too short afterwards.

But I have no clue what the suspension looks like under a 2004.

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the Curt front hitch mount universal, or vehicle specific?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PHIL CLACK

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
I'm impressed! I might have to check that out later on, it'd be good to have a winch to take on and off.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
The front receiver arrived today (shipping container has seen better days)
Looks good but I'll have to do some trimming on the bumper below the front license plate.
I have a date with the impact wrench on Wednesday for the level kit and receiver

Magnaflow was installed today.
I was able to get the intake bolted on as well.
Sounds great and the increase in power is noticeable.

Play time is good.bd7bda3249ba14cde0481f3c76aba531.jpg02d686e7acd7ac4a3cd0f74b46e1e7ec.jpg5220d2dd2a9f55b6301b0812fd5313af.jpg

OP
OP
PHIL CLACK

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
Update-
Curt class 3 Front receiver is on and required zero trimming of the front fascia. The factory tow rings remain in place as well. It sits really low so I'll have to get a hitch with 6" rise. It will be nice added utility for my cargo rack, bike rack, or a winch and being able to push as well as pull.

I'd forgotten how warm 100 degree weather feels when turning wrenches [emoji12]f609d59d83805b2de3f2d174be1c0dfa.jpg