05 ac bypass -short belt option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ctotzz

Reaction score
Ok so I had a locked up compressor just outta warrenty, gonna cost another 550 to fix..errr...
Looked for a short belt option would no luck, part stores know nothing and Internet yielded nothing.
Did find a bracket to replace compressor but couldn't find any in Stock anywhere. car was down for awhile so I decided to look over belt routing, and could see if I found proper length belt it should be possible...
Well took 3 trips to part store but got it done.
1st belt worked like a charm, only issue was I rerouted belt around smooth idle pulley and the groove side was riding it also slightly rubbing block....
2nd trip to part store replacing smooth idle pulley to ribbed version...best match was slightly smaller...
Installed ribbed pulley above tensioner and belt was way to small, crazy how the slight difference in pulley made that big of a difference in belt length....
3rd trip to part store...shorter belt
And thinking belt was not short enough got home and installed for perfect fit...
Belt $30
Pulley $16

20161226_185828.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Same happened to my 05 but I just replaced the AC with one from the junk yard. A Faster, easier and cheaper fix
And I can reuse my AC once summer is here.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum

Can you post the part number and any other information as it may help someone else

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjtehan