05 expedition xlt just dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuse 2? Did you put relay 4 or relay 5 into where relay 2 should be?

This is what my fuse box looks like. Notice I have all relays in there.

IMGA0070-1.jpg

EDIT: Which is all weird since, unless someone just took it out, you should have had a relay 2 from the beginning since you say your windows used to work.

The only things listed in the manual that cover the moonroof are fuse 22 (circled in the pic), circuit breaker 401, and relay number 2 (middle one in left column). These things also happen to affect the power windows, while fuse 22 and relay 2 affect the radio. That is the reason I asked you to check both fuse 22, as well as relay 2, since they covered all of your affected items. The reason I asked you to swap relay 4 or 5 into relay 2 was because I believed relay 2 might be bad. Relay 4 controls the rear window defrost, while relay 5 controls the trailer tow charge, both items not need to start the vehicle.

If, say, when you swapped relay 4 with relay 2 (which you apparently don't have), your windows worked and your rear defrost didn't work, then you would know that the relay was bad, and you'd have to get a new one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
Ok so I swapped the relays and the windows are working now. I think when playing with the relays and fuses we accidently put the relay in the wrong spot because I am missing one of the relays. Thanks so much you've been a huge help.

OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
Well here we are again the truck does not want to start. I was driving it and it started to cut in and out like it was running out of gas. Drove it all the way home and as I pullup to my house just dies and wont start back up. Waited a day and it started right up and acted fine. Today my wife takes it work drives fine there for her and then does same thing on her way home and dies on side of the highway. Do you guys think my fuel pump is on its way out the door or is there something about these trucks that I dont know about? Once again guys help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
Ok so the truck is finally throwing codes which is better than when nothing was happening. Ive got two codes for fuel rail pressure sensor.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the module. If it's rusted and water got in, it might not be commanding the pump to provide enough pressure. What were the code you got?

Last edited: