05 expedition xlt just dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
Code was P0191,which I researched and from what I found it was refrenced to the module. So as soon as I get a chance Im going to pull the spare and inspect the module.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, especially with you being up north and getting all that road salt. The link I posted was from someone up north, and there's was pretty much destroyed. The main reason, though, is because the aluminum case of the module reacts with the steel frame. When you get a new one, make sure to install it with a space between it and the frame (they mention rubber spacers in the link).

OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
Yeah that guy was from NJ which is only about 3 hours away from me so Im sure mine looks something like that. Yea they mentioned rubber spacer or maybe putting some washers on the mounting studs. My only concern is that when I look for the module I cant find it for an Expedition only F150s and Mustangs so Im hoping that mine has it and thats the only thing wrong with it. I wont know though till this rain stops so I can get under the truck and take a look. Fingers crossed that this is it. Thanks again for the help.

OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
And we have a culprit!!!!! Thanks again Elavato!!!! Pulled my spare took out the module and sure enough completely corroded.