05 XLT aftermarket DVD overhead DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsconner

Reaction score
Looking for some advise on installing an aftermarket DVD in my 05 Expedition XLT. I do not have a sunroof, but do have rear a/c & heat controls. A few shops have indicated this will be an issue. So my questions for the experts are:
(1) Is it possible to install an aftermarket overhead DVD unit in an XLT with rear a/c, and what are the implications to mounting in/through the vent ducts?
(2) Has any one installed one of the aftermarket overhead consoles that come equipped with monitors? Any recommendations?
(3) My research found that Ford has a DVD overhead mounting bracket. Does anyone experience using that and/or have the part number?

Finally, does any one have any diagrams that shows the details above the headliner? thansk again for all the advise this board shares...
-WSC

leroystokes

Reaction score
I have an 03 that came with the factory DVD, but I removed it and installed a 13" monitor. I have also installed monitors and DVD players in an 04 that did not have the factory DVD. I wouldn't suggest running the lines through the vents. Once you get the wires in the headliner you can run them down the side pillar were the seatbelts are located.

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I know, the new expy has headrest now. I would suggest the headrest monitor, as the flip down when large enough to see well, will distort your rearview somewhat.

Audiovox makes some great kits, with the DVD player built into the back of the screen in the headrest. You can get one with dvd, and the other is a slave unit, or you can get both with dvd.

6a_1_b.jpg 8f_1.jpg

Those links lead to one set, its not by audiovox but very similar.