'05 XLT Sport changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not on a truck chassis. I custom re-built everything about the car, taking ques from the Group B era of WRC and off-roading in the SW. The rear end is a trophy truck style trussed axle hangin from custom 5 link suspension to allow 9" of travel, a bit more than Toyota designed into the car. The front end is a 3" drop subframe to mount 3" longer custom a-arms.

-Jon

FrontBA.jpg
BackBA.jpg
Slideways.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not on a truck chassis. I custom re-built everything about the car, taking ques from the Group B era of WRC and off-roading in the SW. The rear end is a trophy truck style trussed axle hangin from custom 5 link suspension to allow 9" of travel, a bit more than Toyota designed into the car. The front end is a 3" drop subframe to mount 3" longer custom a-arms.

-Jon

FrontBA.jpg
BackBA.jpg
Slideways.jpg
Pretty Awesome .....I am in Arizona too best place to have Toy's!!!!

OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up and installed a drop in K&N last night. It doesn't make a huge difference in power, but certainly a nice little bump that gives my Exp a smoother power delivery. It was always so switch like from a dead stop. Two weeks from now, I'll be installing the front shocks, replacing the muffler with something less restrictive (and about 30lbs lighter from the looks of the stock one) and new rear brakes (Hawk HPS and rotors). I'm looking forward to the changes, especially the shocks.

-Jon

OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I made my trip out to the coast over the weekend, but we didn't get around to getting the new Bilsteins installed. I got the Hawk HPSs and new rotors on the back along with a Magnaflow 5x8 oval x 30" long muffler installed. Anyone else have the stock rear pads check up their rotors. Mine were pretty ground down and very little pad material left. The new muffler sounds great and gives a nice kick to the power and fuel economy. Sorry, no pics, the camera was up inside, while the Exp was on the rack.

-Jon

OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No changes, just a trip into the desert...
ExpoDirt.jpg
ExpoDsrt1.jpg
ExpoDsrt2.jpg
ExpoDsrt3.jpg
ExpoPrk.jpg
RadarExpo.jpg
ExpoLSD.jpg
At least I still know the LSD is working well...

-Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had my first trouble with my Exp. Engine code, P0306, #6 misfire. I took it to the dealer, since I bought an extended warranty. Failing coil and a couple of bad plugs. So, they are replacing all plugs and the coil. Of course it's not covered under warranty, on my bill now... Hopefully, it runs like a brand new rig when I get it back tomorrrow. EDIT: Got it back, nice and smooth idle now, and throttle response seems much smoother then since I've owned it.

-Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Exp is running great now, smooth idle (after cleaning the TB bore) and getting the new spark plugs and one coil pack. I've also run a bottle of X44 (or something like that) injector cleaner through one tank of gas. This weekend, I modified how the front end looks, less "Soccer Mom", more my style. I bought a pair of the black background "off-road" edition headlights and painted my entire grille mat black. I'm not 100% sure about having painted the chrome black too, but for now, I really like it. What do you all think?
-Jon
HeadGrille1.jpg

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The black lights look good, but I'm a little biased. What prepping did you do to the chrome grille surround? and did you install the Bilsteins and level the front?