07+ Front End Conversion on 03-06 Expedition ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03blkstanggt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also checked the radiator supports. if the 07 has the same trans that ours has and not the 6 speed the radiator supports are the same. if the 07 has the 6 speed its a different part number.

i also found another website that has brand new parts for 07-up, like all the front pieces for cheep. i have to refind it, i think its in my favorites list, but i think you can get the whole front end minus the hood for under 500. the hood itself was 399.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stopped by my local Ford body shop the other day and it appears the only significant difference is the header panel itself (piece that holds the headlights). Up through 06, the header panel bolts to but IN FRONT of the radiator core support. On the 07+, it bolts to the TOP of the radiator core support.

From talking with the dude at the shop, as long as the underlying skeleton is the same deminsions (radiator support same distance from firewall on 03-06 and 07+), there really shouldn't be any mods required other than attaching that header panel.

I had planned to do this as soon as I got back from my deployment to sunny Tampa, but looks like other projects will take priority. Bought my wife a Lightning supercharger for here 04 Expy...then she turned around and bought one for my 03 F150. Looks like we will be a 2-supercharger family.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd try consulting TRUCKIN magezine...they love responding to idea questions such as these and will more than like post it in the magezine for all to observe...converting is not my style...just go ahead and get the 07-10 truck...it thats what you want....

LoneWolf

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing. This post has gone on forever and no one has tried it yet.

OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
someone needs to do it. I was going to do it until I bought the factory 20s. I'm going to the junk yard this saturday to get a quote on the hood, bumper, and grille. Then I'm going to look at the wrecked expys to see if there is any big difference between the two.