09 LTD MAX - Problem with dual climate control - one side hot, one cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score

So I'm having this same problem. Driver's side on full heat, passenger side normal.

Trying to understand how this works. So there's an actuator for each side, for the temperature control. Then there must be another one for position? Defrost, face vents, floor?

Am I correct that I'm looking at replacing the difficult one under the dash?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm having this same problem. Driver's side on full heat, passenger side normal.

Trying to understand how this works. So there's an actuator for each side, for the temperature control. Then there must be another one for position? Defrost, face vents, floor?

Am I correct that I'm looking at replacing the difficult one under the dash?

Mode Door Actuator — Defrost/Panel/Floor Door
* The defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator can be accessed from underneath the LH side of the instrument panel.

Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door
* RH side behind the glove box

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — LH
* This is the nightmare one that, officially, requires removal of the heater core. Brian (Fordtechmakuloco) did a video on an alternate method. It sounds like this one is likely your problem.

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — RH
* This is the easy one behind the stereo.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mode Door Actuator — Defrost/Panel/Floor Door
* The defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator can be accessed from underneath the LH side of the instrument panel.

Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door
* RH side behind the glove box

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — LH
* This is the nightmare one that, officially, requires removal of the heater core. Brian (Fordtechmakuloco) did a video on an alternate method. It sounds like this one is likely your problem.

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — RH
* This is the easy one behind the stereo.
Thanks. I may try to tackle it myself.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I may try to tackle it myself.

Good luck. I bought the part, but ended up never doing the job. Too many other things going on with my Expedition for me to justify the headache.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. Right now got the vents closed on the driver's side cuz full heat. Lol and trying to stay cool with the passenger side air

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The saga continues. Pulled the fuse for the climate control, waited a bit and reinstalled. Started the truck and at first, still hot air. Messed with the temp settings a bit and she all of a sudden started working.

Through this all I never have heard any clicking or thumping noises.

Will post back if the problem returns, as it probably will.