1/4 mile times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well guys i am looking to see if anybody has taking there expedition with a 5.4 to the track and what did it run i am thinking about taking our to get a baseline before i start moding it. i mean how hard is it going to be to get a mid 14 out of the beast

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
why does everyone want to race these trucks?
6000# is a lot of weight to be trying to get to mid 14s
besides the rearend will shadder and cost about 1000 dollars
to fix . and if its a4x4 your going to wreck the transfer case to
boot

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well when you got guys at work that think they are slow and run there mouths about how fast there truck is and they are running 14.9 i mean i just want to be able to keep up with them and i mean it is a all wheel drive truck with the 5.4 in it so i dont think it would be that hard to gewt it to run a mid 14 i mean take a lightning it runs 13.5s all day long why cant we use parts off a lightning to make a fast suv

Rfreels

Reaction score
It is s free country, I think it would be cool to see an Expy that could turn low 1/4 mile times. People have raced everything for years and I can't see why an Expy should be different, try a supercharger and I don't see why SVT parts wouldn't mount up. I used to run my '93 Crown Vic Police 4.6 Interceptor unmark down the 1/8th for the fun of it. It was funny to watch people faces when I would roll up with my radar on the dash and dash light then do a smokey burn out. It would turn 10.5, not a rocket but I could take my buddies Chevy 1500 5.7 ltr. We bracket race around here, anything can take home the money if you are consistent.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
yes its a free country youll have to do a lot to the Expy to
get it to go 14.5 in the1/4 good luck have fun

merczephyr

Reaction score
Well, newbie to the site here throwing in my 2 pennies worth on an old thread, I just got back from the local 1/8th mile track. I got 3 passes of 10.54, 10.50, and 10.50 at 65-66 mph. This is in a bone stock 99 Expi XLT, 5.4L, 3.73 rear. The only thing I did was leave the 3rd row seat at home. Now if I could just cut a light I'd probably do alright, lol.

BlackBeast

Reaction score
You can make a mid 14sec 1/4mile Expy. Not that much to it. Mine runs low 14's. The fastest run I have gotten was 13.5.

This is what I have done so far to my 2000 Expy, Eddie Bauer 5.4L.

Magna Charger Super Charger
Gibson Headers
Gibson Exhaust
Baer Slotted discs brakes
Electric fan
Mezeire Electric water pump
K&N Intake

I am boosting 8psi with the supercharger. I have 22" rims on it for regular driving but when on the track I recommend that you use 16" rims. I just use my stock rims for that.

Last edited:

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run a 14-flat on a G-Tech meter.

Haven't had it at a track, but I don't think it will run quite that fast on a real track.

3 tons is a lot of weight even with a blower.