1 Way remote start and factory key/fob combo consolidation – ’14 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All,
I’ve had probably reviewed over 100 threads on remote starts and programming new fobs, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to answer my question. I hope you can all help. The backdrop:

* 2014 Expy Limited with factory installed remote start (the 1 way, single button plug n play system).
* Truck has factory keyless and security system, so the add on was just the remote start module
* I currently have the 4 button key/fob combo and the single button remote start (see pic)
* Being a new Expy, it’s an 80 bit security key

photo1keys_small.jpg

I read a lot of threads about people being able to reprogram their Expy so the factory Ford fob also performs the remote start, so they can eliminate carrying two or three keys/fobs. Can I do this with my current key/fob combo somehow?

Or even better, I found this key/fob combo available online, which has the integrated remote start option as a 5th button.

5buttonkey.jpg

Can I program this to perform the remote start? Information online regarding this key is limited. The seller says it can be used if my Expy came with that exact model, yet as far as I know, NO Expy with factory remote start comes with a 5 button key/fob combo.

I’m hopeful it’s as easy as programming the new key for ignition and remote functions, and then just “learning” the remote start button through the programming menu of the remote start system. I just cant' determine if the frequencies will match, if I have to reprogram remote start to use two button presses (vs long hold) to start, etc, stuff like that

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

lambo125

Reaction score
I would also like to know if there's a way to get rid of the remote for the starter. I have a 2012 XLT w/o the power lift gate. Would it be possible to program the remote start to use the lift gate button on the key.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have a key/fob that does this anyway so i would check with them to see if you can get that all in one key/fob combo

mtrebuchon

Reaction score
Steve, I realize your post was from way back in August 2014, but did you ever get anywhere with the 5 button key and your remote start?

OP
OP
S

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not. You can't. It's not till 2015 when the remote stat was integrated into the onboard computer, and the 5 button key was introduced for use on the Expeditions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt