10" sub enclosure for a 99EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking at 10 sub enclosures for my 99EB, I see that the preformed 10' sub boxes replace the cargo area with the net in it. What I need to find out is the eb with the factory 8" sub has the jack stowage and the original grate over the sub which seem to be different dimensions than the xlt or any version that did not come with the factory mach system and sub.

Has anyone purchased a preformed box from JL, MTX or Q logic and how does it work out with the EB models?

Will the factory amp support a 10" JL sub and if not, where is a good location for an additional amp?

I want to keep all my cargo room and have a fairly stock appearance where the original sub is located.

bosozoku

Reaction score
This probably doesn't help at all, but I felt like responding anyway...but, I have the 10" MTX version powered by an amp under the passenger seat and for me it's all perfect. Not EB...just a '98 XLT.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an EB but I didn't wanna mess with the stock sub... so I went with a small box and 2 10"s... the box is small enough it fits behind the 3rd row or usually sits behind the 2nd row but can be pulled out in 2 secs if I have too... also my amp is mounted under my 2nd row seat on drivers side.... I still have tons of space and its not big and bulky... I know not what your asking for but it is an alternate route...

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an EB but I didn't wanna mess with the stock sub... so I went with a small box and 2 10"s... the box is small enough it fits behind the 3rd row or usually sits behind the 2nd row but can be pulled out in 2 secs if I have too... also my amp is mounted under my 2nd row seat on drivers side.... I still have tons of space and its not big and bulky... I know not what your asking for but it is an alternate route...

Can you still close the second row seat, thanks btw.

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does look like at least one company on ebay sells the MTX box with the proper cover instead of the cargo area with the net cover, $239 with a MTX sub, which I will be using a JL in its place, I just hope the JL will fit and the box will have enough air space (6 cubic feet) The JL box and sub is just more than I want to spend right now.

garybb75

Reaction score
i have the q-logic box and it (was) a piece of s^%#, had a rockkford shallow p3 in it, the back side of the box is plastic and the sub on 500rms hit so hard the box flexed and rattled somethin violent against the inside of the quarter panell, so i took it all back out, 5 layers of glass outside and 3 inside got it right, problem with the box now is finding a sub that has 5 3/4 or less mount depth that will do work, have blown 4 already, and the grill that comes with is not fabric its super thin plastic that has to keep being re glued in, in my opinion and exp i would go with the dual 10 box from supercrewsound.com and give up folding the driver side pass. seat down