My mostly unbiased comparison - Expy vs. a week in a Grand Wagoneer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahammer

Reaction score
I surrendered my 2022 GWS3 last month to FCA. I got the total purchase price back. It had too many electrical shorts and parts failure.

Attachments

• IMG_3194.jpeg
    IMG_3194.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 14

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had one as a rental for a week. Standard length. The interior is superior and so is the ride. The back is ugly. Overall I enjoyed it.

But for some reason their market share is tiny. It looks like Ford sold more Expys in a quarter than Jeep produced in all of 23. I don’t even know anybody that owns one.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the Jeep's looks and the interior is great. As someone that drives every single vehicle into the ground though, reliability always keeps me away. Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge have been absolute trash for a long, long time. Ford hasn't been great in recent years either, but I still trust a Ford over a Jeep.

Dahammer

Reaction score
The interior was top-notch, and the leather seats and Swade ceiling were extraordinary. The engine was powerful and could blow away most vehicles in speed. Ride comfort (air suspension) was also excellent. I hardly felt any road imperfections. The sound system was also robust, with no distortion at any level. Steering was tight, and the turning radius was short. I would have kept her, but those gremlins killed her. Also, the star ratings on safety still haven't been posted.

ktreem

Reaction score
Interesting review, I rented a wagoneer series II last year in Florida and I felt totally justified in our decision with our ’22 expedition SPP before the week was over with the wagoneer. I’m sure you get nicer in the grand wagoneer but where we paid $74 for the expedition SPP and the wagoneer series II is above that, just felt I had much better value for the money.

Reaction score
The one thing I have never liked about our 17 Limited EL is the interior, it's a cheap POS. My old 02 Excursion had a much better interior.