20+ HP for $2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Looks like a resistor. I have heard of this and I am using it on my powerstroke diesel. I didn't know it could be done on a expy.

Basic principle is it tricks the computer on the truck to supply a higher pressure to the injectors effectively giving the fuel a little extra kick into the cylinder.

On a completly stock truck powerstroke, it should be good for about 30HP and 100 lb/ft of Torque

I could tell the difference in mine.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a resistor. What the seller is offering:
1) .05 cents for the resister (which you can get at a Radio Shack)

2).....and $1.95 for the knowledge of what the resister ohm value is!!!

G

I've done some asking and checking and no one I talked to has ever heard of this on an expy. Powerstroke yes, expy no. But we may just be in the dark.

b_salgado

Reaction score
Don't waste your $$$$$$$$$! All this little resistor does is fool the computer into thinking the air temp is cooler than it actually is. This creates a rich fuel mixture and will in fact give you more horsepower, but at the same time it will dramatically decrease your fuel mileage! If you want a HP gain buy a chip or programmer. Or you could buy an oversized TB or even a spacer for your TB. Hp is not cheap! Don't think for 5 seconds that a .02 resistore is gonna give you 20 HP! Save your time and $$$$$.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by b_salgado
Don't waste your $$$$$$$$$! All this little resistor does is fool the computer into thinking the air temp is cooler than it actually is. This creates a rich fuel mixture and will in fact give you more horsepower, but at the same time it will dramatically decrease your fuel mileage! If you want a HP gain buy a chip or programmer. Or you could buy an oversized TB or even a spacer for your TB. Hp is not cheap! Don't think for 5 seconds that a .02 resistore is gonna give you 20 HP! Save your time and $$$$$.

That's what I thought... I emailed him asking if the resistor would affect gas mileage at all, and he said no it wouldn't. I'm paying $2.50 a gallon for 87 octane, so I don't want to risk getting anything that will give me worse gas mileage.