!!! 200,000 4.6 triton preventive maintenance suggestions !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bret191

Reaction score
Just make sure oils/filters are always good and don't get it over hot. Dont go ripping anything apart if not leaking or bad! Make sure vacuum hoses are soft and good.. belt good. Other than that you should get close and even over 300,000 miles NO PROBLEM.

Wegner44

Reaction score
Here's a general battery maintenance tip. Coat your terminals with a synthetic lithium grease and reattach your cables. You will never have any type of corrosion ever. My '03 has 176,000 on it and I just stay with the maintenance schedule and address anything else that comes up immediately. It has been a very good vehicle and will for years to come. I have been considering installing an aftermarket transmission pan with a drain plug rather than doing the flush now that the mileage is getting up there.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
We have some E150 4.6l work vans, one has 268K and a 2006 with 332K. They run well. They have little maintenance and conventional oil. Follow your manual on maintenance. Keep it full of oil. These motors are long lasting.

OP
OP
E

Eddie Lanham

Reaction score
Here's a general battery maintenance tip. Coat your terminals with a synthetic lithium grease and reattach your cables. You will never have any type of corrosion ever. My '03 has 176,000 on it and I just stay with the maintenance schedule and address anything else that comes up immediately. It has been a very good vehicle and will for years to come. I have been considering installing an aftermarket transmission pan with a drain plug rather than doing the flush now that the mileage is getting up there.
Can you attach a photo of the product you use? When I google it I get a bunch of different things not sure which one to get... good idea though, been getting a bit of build up on the terminals lately

Wegner44

Reaction score
I use Amsoil synthetic lithium grease. I am out of town right now so I can't send you a picture right now. But I am sure any brand would work that is at you local auto parts store.

bret191

Reaction score
DON"T DON"T start changing gaskets!!!!!!
If it's NOT BROKE don't touch it! Keep all oils in good shape and make sure Radiator and cooling system is working good and clean with good antifreeze. Plugs? Plugs last a long time now-a-days and the one I have pulled on any newer Ford engine even at 100,000 they look great as long as you have kept up on your matinace. FUEL FILTERS are very very important as they keep your gas clean BUT when ANY water or moister get in them they clog up FAST. They are very easy too change too...
The main thing is to NOT get it hot (OVERHEAT) and these engines are good for at least 300,000 miles easy!
I have way over 200,000 miles on mine and my neighbor has close to 260,000 on his too.