2000 Expedition 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm new here. I've owned a 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD since 2008. It had 43K miles when I got it. This truck has taken care of me and my family. It now has 195K miles. The sunroof has been disabled (too much to repair and I don't use it) I've had to replace the heater cores, but nothing really major. I've changed plugs a few times because the intake manifold is leaking. I had the suspension/bushings/tie rods replaced, kept it stock. It's our #3 vehicle and used on occasion. I'm keeping it. Sentimental, bullet proof truck that took care of us . I still don't hesitate to take it on long trips. Here are my plans: Replace the intake manifold, coils/plugs, throw on some new tires that are better equipped for off road (265/70/17 tires on stock rims). My wife and I will use it for light off-roading, nothing crazy, camping. Anything else I should check while I get the intake changed (OEM or Dorman?). Thanks everyone.

Plati

Reaction score
solid lug nuts?
how do yours look?

some on here (me) think "only replace COPs when they fail"

have you done all the scheduled maintenance, like fuel filter?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced my intake twice on my 2000. First time with a Dorman. Second time with an OEM after the Dorman leaked after 40k miles.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Maintenance is up to par but will be changing fluids again. OEM intake is what I'll do. I'm planning on taking the truck into the shop this week. As for the lugs, I'll have them inspected and replaced if needed. I'll post pics soon. Thanks everyone.

jpeltzel

Reaction score
I wish I would of replaced my timing chains and oil pump when I did my intake a couple of years ago.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Just got my intake replaced with an OEM and all new gaskets. Replaced all boots, spark plugs, had the coolant flushed and installed a new thermostat. Picked it up from the shop New Year's Eve. Changed the oil and filler this morning. My mechanic said everything looked pretty good. Gonna take it out for drive tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all your input!

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
All--Currently riding on Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max 265/70/17 tires on stock wheels. They're great passenger tires when it comes to fuel and ride, but I need to switch the tires for light off- road trips. I don't plan on lifting the truck anytime soon (budget constraints). If you can direct me to the wheel/tire thread or if you have a suggestion thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1